OTC Agricultural Commodities Sales
Marex is a technology-enabled provider of essential liquidity and associated market infrastructure to participants in global energy, metals, agricultural and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive breadth and depth of coverage across five core services: Market Making, Execution and Clearing, Hedging and Investment Solutions, Price Discovery and Data & Advisory. It has a leading franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 38 million trades and clearing over 193 million contracts in 2021. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders, banks, hedge funds and asset managers.
Marex was established in 2005 but can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 21 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,200 employees across Europe, Asia and America and has ambitious growth plans.
Marex Hedging Solutions specifically helps corporates to hedge their risk to volatility of commodity and currency prices through tailor-made bespoke OTC (bi-lateral) hedging solutions.
An experienced, ambitious, and proactive individual, responsible for growing the Marex Solutions OTC Agricultural business from the Paris office. The position will be requiring the individual to work autonomously, as well part of a team whilst building out the EMEA OTC Agricultural client base. Very strong interpersonal / communication skills, an entrepreneurial mindset and commercial ability will be required to maintain good relationships within the team, as well as internal stakeholders, clients and counterparties in order to continue growing the business.
- Ensure high-quality sales coverage across the EMEA region for OTC Commodities clients of Marex Solutions, dealing in OTC (bi-laterally traded) commodity products, in particular Agricultural derivatives.
- Create value and increase revenues from existing client base whilst assisting the EMEA team to grow and develop its EMEA client base profitably by directly engaging with clients and managing relationships.
- Work closely with Trading, and other divisions of the firm (e.g Clearing, Listed Agricultural Brokers) in driving synergies and potential new business opportunities.
- Liaise with Internal Stakeholders across the business (Credit / Compliance / Legal / Onboarding / Ops / Trading / Risk) to ensure compliance with the company’s policies and procedures with regards to day-to-day business activity and client communication.
- The individual will be expected to generate and build significant revenue streams for the Hedging Solutions business from a client base which typically includes corporates, banks, trading houses, and some institutional clients.
- This role requires the individual to support team members with coverage of existing clients, onboarding of new clients, and be actively involved in business development workflows such as setting up new products.
- The individual would be required to have active input into the overall EMEA OTC Agricultural sales strategy, seeking ways to increase team P&L and find opportunities to synergise with other areas of the Hedging Solutions business such as the Energy, Dairy, Metals and FX teams to identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Carrying out regulated activities under the Marex EMEA umbrella, whilst ensuring compliance with the company’s regulatory requirements at all times, complying with the AMF’s regulations and guidelines.
- Adhere to the operational risk framework for your role ensuring that all regulatory or company determined parameters are complied with amongst the team.
- Operate as a role model for demonstrating highest level standards of integrity and conduct and reflecting Company Values.
- To ensure that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to your team, your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility.
- To report any breaches of policy to Compliance and/ or your supervisor as required.
- To escalate risk events immediately.
- To provide input to risk management processes, as required.
Skills and Experience
- In-depth understanding of global commodity markets, particularly Agricultural markets, and preferably relevant experience marketing OTC derivatives across EMEA region.
- Excellent knowledge of financial derivatives and how these can be used/structured to help clients to manage their underlying commodity price risks is required.
- Strong analytical skills and proven track record of sound decision making / judgement is required.
- Experience of building out infrastructural support required to efficiently grow and support a Commodity derivative sales business is strongly preferred.
- Experience negotiating ISDA/CSA frameworks or Terms of Business agreements with counterparties and driving Credit requests is strongly preferred.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment and knowledge of the risk and compliance requirements associated with OTC derivatives business is required,
- Experience working as an AMF Authorised Individual would be preferred
- Language skills: Excellent English language skills required and fluent French preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- A collaborative team player, that is approachable, self-efficient and influences a positive work environment
- Proven leadership qualities
- Excels at building relationships, networking and influencing others
- Resilient in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, particularly in a high-pressure environment
- Strategic collaborator with insight and agility, able to anticipate future challenges, ensuring operational effectiveness
- Strong communication, interpersonal and sales skills with a proven track record of forming strong long-lasting relationships.
- Dependable, self-motivated, curios and resilient individual, with a proven ability to work as a proactive team player.
- Act with integrity
- Act with due skill, care and diligence
- Be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- Pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- Observe proper standard of market conduct
- Act to deliver good outcomes for retail customers
Marex is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.